56259Re: Winding down

  • William
    Oct 16, 2011
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "irvhal" <i99hj@...> wrote:

      > Bill,
      >
      > Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but it's Congressman Ron Paul and his son over in the Senate who've stood (and often alone) against the fiscal and civil liberty ravages of an unfettered national security state, as well as against the privileged position of international finance capital. In last week's Republican presidential debate, it was Paul who took on the Federal Reserve and the disgraceful TARP bailouts, while the latest Neocon fad candidate challenged him with a ringing endoresment of a previous Fed chairman that bailed out the hedge funds. And yes he is a medical man, intimating recently that homosexuality is less a moral than a biological phenomenon when pressed by a preacher excited about gays in the military -- hardly what you'd expect from a Step n' Fetchit for the Religious Right. As in all things political, we're necessarily in for a penny, but not for a pound, and we're getting our penny's worth with Paul.
      >
      > Irvin
      > Irvin,Are we not talking about republicans? I just came from lunch with a republican judge who happens to be my brother. I know a lot of republicans and in general party politics is not talked about. Money is and I have come from dirt poor to having lunch with republicans. They are interested oin how others make it. I can talk money with republicans and in that melieu we communicate in an often animated fashon. If you were referring to Alan Greenspan I have listened to him too many times. When he set before a senate committee and said he thought it his job to obfuscate, I knew we were in trouble.I think republicans know more about money than dems. Thats why megafoggers like Greenspan survive and prosper. The republicans did not know what Greenspan either but they just dummied up and tried to look smart.
      As the marches on wall street continue it would seem thet a few others know the financial system needs massive revision. The greenspan trickle down neocons know that there will be change but they are dug in by their purse strings . I think Obama has to play lets make a deal. He should go back to the gold standard and then talk real numbers with the mega rich. No damn ideology, just cash on the gold standard. Let Yale worry about the MBA`s and the future of capitalism. The bankers will all need armoured cars if they fuck the system up again. " It will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls ,For the times they are a changing" Bill
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "William" <v.valleywestdental@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "irvhal" <i99hj@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Let's keep our perspective Bill. If anyone's "ginning" us up for a war with a mythically-inflated Iran it's a certain sophisticate lobby often funded from affluent Beverly Hills and the Hamptons (neither of which are being picketed by what Nietzsche might call the levelers) and which often manipulates the Holy Rollers. You're old enough to remember the seventies when it was the oil companies that pled for a restrained, even-handed policy in the Middle East -- a plea that begat (besides Senator Fullbright and Senator Percy's removal) a rash of oil company credit cards being cut up and returned from certain quarters. And before we indulge in a partisan Democrat revisionism, remember it was President Eisenhower that disengaged from Korea, asserted the national interest over the narrow during the Suez Crisis, and forewarned of the military-industrial complex. And who, aside from Senators Ron and Rand Paul, dare to take on that same lobby and complex today?
      > > > Irval, I remember that Ron is a flight surgeon and therefore a military officer. That sheep has teeth and his anti abortion stance little but a front for his DOD ties. The Pauls are just a wing of the right who emphasise social conservatism while supporting homeland defense. Ike understood the MIC and warned it would become a monster that could eat the country. With Five Stars on his collar he could say what he wanted and that Kansas boy knew something about dismantling war machines. Ask Irvin Rommel. Bill
      > > > Irvin

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic