      From: irvhal <i99hj@...>
      To: existlist <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 1:20 pm
      Subject: [existlist] Re: Winding down

      Let's keep our perspective Bill. If anyone's "ginning" us up for a war with a mythically-inflated Iran it's a certain sophisticate lobby often funded from affluent Beverly Hills and the Hamptons (neither of which are being picketed by what Nietzsche might call the levelers) and which often manipulates the Holy Rollers. You're old enough to remember the seventies when it was the oil companies that pled for a restrained, even-handed policy in the Middle East -- a plea that begat (besides Senator Fullbright and Senator Percy's removal) a rash of oil company credit cards being cut up and returned from certain quarters. And before we indulge in a partisan Democrat revisionism, remember it was President Eisenhower that disengaged from Korea, asserted the national interest over the narrow during the Suez Crisis, and forewarned of the military-industrial complex. And who, aside from Senators Ron and Rand Paul, dare to take on that same lobby and complex today?