56247Re: Winding down

  • William
    Oct 14, 2011
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Rix" <andyrix13@...> wrote:

      > I should be shocked - but sorry to say I am not the least bit surprised at
      > the number of unemployed you referenced below. In my past work in social
      > services as an employment and training counselor, I saw many able bodied
      > individuals would rather stay home and collect public assistance and smoke
      > dope than work. This was five years ago when there were jobs. I still work
      > in social services but not directly with the public but I still see evidence
      > of this "You owe me America" attitude. Granted there are some that really
      > require public assistance because they are unable to work due to disability
      > or other debilitating circumstance; HOWEVER, those who are able should work
      > for their assistance. In my community parks are closed because local
      > government can't afford to pay staff. Streets and public buildings
      > desperately need cleaning and repair due to neglect caused my lack of tax
      > revenue. I say, make those collecting welfare checks work off their
      > assistance through supervised community service.
      >
      >Andy, I appreciate your comments and your experience lends credance to your words. Let me say that the american tax situation is in a shambles and the continuance of the present lobbying system will only make it worse. I have never been on the dole and never plan to be. I do not see social security as a give away as the monies were earned and given to the government years ago. As an independant employer I paid half the taxes on many ,many employees and paid for all the bookeeping costs for them and the government. Big business and its lobbyists make sure that remains the case and the unfairness just grows as the politicians further corrupt the system.
      What is going on with the anti wallstreet demonstrations is overdue and inevitable. The big boys have to be reeled in or the system will collapse. 2008 just about did the trick and unless those getting screwed rise up we will have desaster. The business / pig coalition thinks repression will win out but the more clubbing they do the fewer votes they will get. Stealing an election like Bush did will this time cause revolution so the rich are playing with the headsman as they push for more and more.I surly hope good sense prevails . When the molotov`s start we will know the time is here. None of that is necessary as if the democracy were allowed to function balance could be restored but the right wing prerevolution is now being countered by a left wing activism. The masters must bend or the people will break them. My advice to most here is stay the hell out of it. It is real,it is dangerous and it can ruin your life. Let the true politicos pay for their cheap thrills as they will be the next corruptors. Bill