56240Re: Winding down the rabbit whole?

  • Josie
    Oct 4, 2011
      Speculative and coherent philosophical thinking is distinguishable from the common type, but both are inter-subjective activity. I don't buy into the death-of-the-author completely and acknowledge that 'coherent' only takes us further down and down . . . yet philosophy demands some rigor like any other specialty. I didn't want a hobbyist spinal cord surgeon.

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "fictiveparrot" <knott12@...> wrote:

      > There is philosophy in 'fun escapism' and to me as much of value in it as "great" philosophers. My point: anything that you are reading to spur thought is spurring YOUR thought, as no one can have it for you.
      >
      > Rodger Rabbit

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic