55941Re: Green Jahaad

    Jun 12, 2011
      Bill,

      You certainly don't need to take my word for it, but Zizek is not postmodern or a pragmatist, finding these ineffectual, if not anathema to ethical communities. In other words, they promulgate global capitalism and ethnic strife. He is not American, and I fear he would find us devoid of anything resembling philosophy. Rorty was at least concerned with the possibility of ethics, but Zizek would probably think his postmodern pragmatism useless. My opinion is of course less informed than others who should feel free to comment.