      From: William
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 5:17 PM
      Subject: [existlist] Green Jahaad

      The financial pages are trending articles about a new faith. They are beginning to call environmentalism a faith based creed that thinly masks self aggrandisment. They are finding,especially in California , using green themes to promote projects that are very profitable to the proponents.
      This seems a new wrinkle and I have not categorised it within the cultural wars. It may be it is just a shift in tactics with leftists adopting the crude methods of the faith based right wingers. Many of the fruits of this Green jahaad are self defeating and like faith itself just cause discord and reverse consequences.
      Now I know many of you are strong proponents of green economies and environmental activism. Are you aware your movement is being hijacked by opportunists and posiers. What gives? Bill