      From: tom <tsmith17_midsouth1@...>
      To: existlist <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 7:10 am
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Is globalisation a good thing for third world countries?

      Jim

      Though by our standards these hourly rates are low, I think they are higher than before globalization. . It also must be born in mind that in a nation with people making 65 cents an hour, 65 cents goes a lot further than it would in the US or UK. The fact that China is likely to surpass the US in gross domestic product soon is indicative of a greater increase in income there than here. As for carbon imprint,as China's gross domestic product increases, I'd guess carbon imprint would also be on the rise.

      Peace
      Tom