5506RE: [existlist] Happy New Year !!

  • Eduard Alf
    Jan 1, 2002
      Yulian,

      As usual you are thought provoking.

      Happy New Year to you as well.

      I see that Denmark decided not to go with the Euro. Denmark, Sweden and
      England .. I am not sure about Norway. What is all that about?

      Anyway for your questions.

      1) Hero? I would say the person seen leaning out a broken window on one of
      the floors of the WTC above the point of impact. We will never know what
      went on during that hour or so until the building actually collapsed, but
      whatever his/her thoughts or reactions during that time until their actual
      death, I would qualify it as "heroic".

      2) Who inspired me the most this year? That is hard to say. It was a
      difficult year for me and it seemed to just go by. I would have to say that
      the ExistList inspired me the most. It has been a real pleasure to spar
      with everyone here.

      3) Predictions for 2002?
      a) There will be more talk of Canada joining the US, especially as most
      European countries have now adopted the Euro and because of pressure from
      the US for a common immigration control.
      b) There is likely to be some major storm in the summer. December
      was the hottest ever recorded. The Ottawa River is still not frozen over.
      This morning the temperature was -12c; for the first time this winter.
      Usually we get several days of -20c long before this date. There is a lot
      of heat still in the atmosphere and it is likely to break out with dramatic
      affect. I would not want to live in the US Midwest when it happens.
      c) There will be some significant announcement that can be traced to
      cloning and genetic engineering. It will put our moral code on the line.
      d) A meteorite will hit France, leaving a hole not only in the land but
      also in the fashion industry. Fashion will shift to England, spelling the
      end of civilization as we know it.
      e) I will finally meet the woman whom I have contacted on the web, and
      the world will become a better place, regardless of fashion.
      f) Queen Elizabeth steps down from the throne and Charles becomes King.
      g) After several months of exercising at the health club [I joined this
      month], I am often mistaken for Brad Pitt.

      That is about it Yulian.

      have fun ...