54609Re: Up with American regionalism

    Feb 3, 2011
      Thank you, and I agree. NGO's such as Greg Mortenson's Central Asia Institute have success in providing essential services and building schools specifically because projects are designed, built, and administered by locals. Rather than be bullied by terrorists, they protect their villages in order to improve their lives. A philosophy and policy of helping where requested is always preferable to one of nation building.

      Mary