54272Happy Nothing-New-Year

    Dec 31, 2010
      Jim,

      My impression of Zizek is that he relishes the potential of the radical. He is said to revel in paradox and irony. He admires the potential of failed fascist and communist movements for their radical visions and ability to inspire, not necessarily their motivations or half-assed programs/pograms. If he's serious about violent overthrow, I'm not with him.

      I wish for a radical or referendum based democracy so that governments would finally realize their ignorance and lack of vision in kowtowing to special interests. Representative democracy, not the average citizen who never had control in the first place, is what requires renascence. When neighbors realize what others actually care about, rather than what they're told to care about, real change might occur.

      Mary

      THIS ONE

      Before this loved one
      Was that one and that one