      From: Herman <hhofmeister@...>
      To: existlist <existlist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Aug 1, 2010 1:39 am
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Know your agnosias

      Hi Wil,

      On 1 August 2010 11:44, <eupraxis@...> wrote:

      > Polly,

      > I do not think that this passive aggressive swipe at me, performed as some

      sophomoric parting shot, is very becoming of you. Your examples, as usual, are

      also non sequitor. Theoretical physics has nothing to say about ethics or

      literary criticism, but that doesn't count ill for either physics or the other

      disciplines.

      > Moreover, your sad attempt at lampooning philosophical discourse by supposing

      it to be on the order of a cognitive disorder is just plain boorish and

      Neanderthal.

      > Try to demonstrate just a little class.

      I find it curious that you should form a conviction about my

      motivations in writing what I did, because they are far beyond your

      ability to know. Yet the facts in the world that I refer to in the

      context of human experience and reasoning do not rate a mention. I

      wouldn't say that anything you have written so far on this topic

      merits the title "philosophical discourse". An argument, any argument

      that refers to the real world, would be much appreciated.

      In the meantime, I will continue to post material that bolsters my

      position re human experience and reasons ie that they are a function

      of the embodied brain, and not a function of experience and reasons.

      I would welcome with open mind any evidence-based material that

      counters that position, there just hasn't been any forthcoming.

      Polly