      From: Eduard Alf [mailto:yeoman@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 8:55 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [existlist] I like little children, especially fried

      Ryan,

      Interesting. You raised the point that you could see the development of a
      human moral code in the behaviour of animals. I simply gave an example and
      still refuse to respond to it. Perhaps it is too difficult to deal with.
      Of course, one could select some benign mating function as an example. What
      you persist in ignoring is that in the animal kingdom the maxim is usually
      "kill or be killed". And when you wish to go out to find some dinner, you
      attack what is easiest to pull down. I made the point that this kind of
      activity is exactly what our human moral code seeks to obviate, given our
      perspective that the weak and defenseless are to offered an element of
      protection. You chose to ignore that point as well.