51816Re: Not the last crazy

    Jun 3, 2010
      I'm following the Seize BP movement which begins today and continues formally for the next week with demonstrations planned in at least 50 cities. I've also added my outrage by publishing a not so pretty poem.

      down in the parish

      (should have passed the lethe
      i saw an impossible blue rose
      a red brick cottage
      and a beautiful river
      they said it was
      the best place for fishing)

      just a matter of time
      before my eye levees broke
      carrying my heart
      down to Delacroix
      a gulf between the living
      and dead
      stilted homes
      built on silted islands
      washed away
      bait and outfitters gone
      fishing for babies now

      fuck those corporate
      seneschals of greed
      kyoto accord busters
      hope they perish
      covered in black gold
      mired in muck
      choking
      in all that texas tea

      (no phone no tv no radio
      we scramble onto
      a dilapidated rope bridge
      look down and feel cold water
      rising above our knees
      now up to our necks
      3 of us can't save 5 little ones
      do we choose)

      repose en paix
      mes cousins acadiens bébé

      This poem was inspired by several dreams involving water symbology and predated the devastation of Katrina. It seemed appropriate now to dust it off and blow it into the wind.

      > Today the NYT printed an article regarding the use of nuclear devices to seal run away wells. Some weeks ago I hinted at such a possibility and was ignored.
      > It seems the soviet union used the method on four ocassions, three of the four worked.
      > The NYT article speaks of political,environmental and geopolitical concerns regarding such an extremity.
      > I do not want this, I am not asking for this but it seems time to consider something that could work.
      > Conventional explosives would seem the first method but they will not fuse the rock and halt further leakage.
      > Bp wants to save the well . As a corporation that may be the bottom line but knowing that, we need a more universal view and perspective.
      > It is my sincere hope the top hat semi seal works but Bp will attempt to maintain control as long as they can make money from the well. They really do not care if it leaks as long as they get the lions share of the oil. They will lie about flow rates and environmental damage just as they have already done.
      > I stand by my earlier ideas that this may be the only way to proceed and if I do not merit consideration so be it. I have said my piece and done my duty to my peers,those peers being you. WRH

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic