51413Re: thought is afraid of itself

    Apr 5 10:27 AM
      No worries, Jim. You've been patient and engaged in a difficult dialog. What has me presently interested in Bohm's unpopular tilting at assumptions about thought is that although he takes his cue from quantum non-locality, he fully expects that creativity and imagination of the artistic kind will begin transforming our system of thought. In Quine's appropriation of Neurath's boat, he reinforces how daunting a task is epistemology. I realize that I change attitude or position as inexplicably as an electron.As much as I'd hate to conclude this, it is perhaps merely indulgence and distraction from the horrors in this world.

      > Hi Mary,
      >
      > I am sorry I have shown my lack of understanding of your recent posts.
      >
      > I had thought that you were looking to science to help come up with the new model for thought that you are looking/hoping for.
      >
      > As a matter of interest one can be both scientistic and holistic. In fact Quine held such a position.
      >
      > Anyway, I am pleased to hear that you reject scientism, I am only sorry I did not gather that from your recent posts.
      >
      > Jim

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic