50709Re: Identities, Profiles; WTF?

  • Jim
    Jan 31, 2010
      Hi Polly,

      Good try, but you don't fool anybody.

      I am sure the intelligent people at this list have already worked out that you are my pseudonym.

      Think about it! How am I most likely to be able to send lots of posts on my central concerns – virtue ethics, moral objectivism, the value of philosophy (especially existentialism)?

      Answer: Invent a persona who is able to articulate reasonably well all the positions I oppose – nihilism (moral subjectivism), scientism (reductive materialism) and anti-intellectualism.

      My plan has worked brilliantly. There have been more posts this month than there have been for two years!

      Jim Herman Stuart

      > Hi Jim,
      >
      > I have a confession to make. You know all those "people" that
      > contribute to existlist. Well, I am all of them, or, they are all me.
      > Except for you, of course. But you knew that.
      >
      > I hope this won't alter our relationship :-)
      >
      > Polly aka Lou Lewis Marybeth Thomas Trinidad and Tobago William
      >
      > At least I'm not Scottish

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic