48825Essential and extant

    Jul 31 7:23 PM
      Tom, Your final Einstein quote is relevant. The line between sanity and convention is a function of human freedom. Our system, at its Jeffersonian roots assumes personal freedom more important than doctrine or belief. You can have beliefs and slave to doctrine but it will only make you less competitive, more at risk. It is an honest rewards system and endures as such. When intelligent individuals find themselves faced with systematic failure they may at first check their basic sanity but passing that basic test the system must be suspected. Boomers were taught by their militarily imprinted parents that the system was the equal of the divine right of kings. It was not to be questioned and was to be obeyed. Most of them were and still are ignorant servants of false gods. Then again the system has worked for them but they are almost gone.
      It is time for the philosophy to change. It will happen to we medium old, but we have an existential duty to bury the excreta of our predecessors. I would think of that as being a laudable goal that might redeem our despicable image to the other generations. We have explained what we did , now we must show why, why we rebelled, why we forced change on a static system. Why the system was then and still is a sham of mystical beliefs and non rational prejudices needs to be explained. I see modern existential philosophical concepts as are evolving today in europe to be a vanguard assault on the future. Bill
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic