48346Governance (was Re: Perspectiveism follows existentialism)

    Jun 5, 2009
      Mary,

      What are you saying, please? Where is the connection between 'ruling the universe', and the alleged contest between human governments and the individual? This whole subject seems wholly muddled as to categories.

      Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "mary.josie59" <mary.josie59@...> wrote:

      > When you discard the delusion that either a god and/or a devil is ruling the universe, you're left with human governments vying with the individual. In the introductory chapters of the satire, "The Master and the Margarita," the Devil suggests that no one governs their own life. I would say, no, not absolutely. I would also suggest that Nothing governs absolutely.
      >
      > Existentialism is also concerned with governance, who and how. We can micromanage within the swirling chaos of political idealism and civil laws. No one entity could possibly know what is best, or even expedient, for each human being, or our entire ecosystem, for that matter. The pursuit of happiness/self-governance can be terrifying, even within constructs as simple as "couple" or a "family."
      >
      > Watching television for anything other than entertainment deludes us into thinking we are actually participants in the madness presented to us as reality.
      >
      > Mary
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Exist List Moderator <existlist1@> wrote:
      >
      > I often wonder, why would anyone want to be a governor, a senator, or national leader? It seems that some level of self-delusion is necessary to think you have better answers or any answers at all...

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic