47919Re: The functions of thinking

  • devogney
    Apr 28, 2009

      Wil,

      Your saying that my reference to the fact that in many cases studies involving race or sexual differences will be repudiated if they dont adhere to political correctness is pandering, is a great example of what Louise and I are saying. Obviously, the fact that the DNA of most human beings will contain various strands from different racial pools in no way precludes that people can be to a certain extent described as Caucasian, Negro, or Oriental. Certainly, the US is a great melting pot,and more varieties of gene pools are likely to be found than one would find in China, India, or Denmark. Obama describes himself as a mut. We all have some male and female hormones, but that doesn't preclude humnans being classified into male and female.

      To me the most salient point of your post is the great example to support the viewpoint expressed by Louise and agreed to by me that numerous people with agendas varying from political correctness to expanding the drug war have agendas that will result in a person being accused of pandering if they freely search for truth.

      Despite the fact that races like any other category are relative rather than absolute, any objective studies will find different abilities and disabilities among DNA pools such as the fact that all Olympic running has been won by people of African descent in the last 20 years or so and that people of Jewish descent comprise 1/4% of the world's population and 28% of the Nobel Prize winners.
      Tom

      Tom

      > Nice pandering. On the level of the genome, the concept of race has no
      > meaning.
      >
      > Wil

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic