45900Re: In brief

    Dec 7, 2008

      > Louise may say that all races are different but equal, however most
      > people who argue that races are different also view them as unequal.

      Tom,

      No, actually, I am arguing that before one proceeds to question whether
      there are measurable differences between races, one should ascertain
      the meaning of human equality. It is a spiritual or philosophical
      reality, not necessarily a scientific one. The divorce of science from
      a feeling for the sacredness of life is at the root of our modern
      malaise. A sweepingly general statement, but reasonable, I think.

      Louise
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic