45884Re: In brief

    Dec 5, 2008
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "tom" <tsmith17_midsouth1@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm very much a fan of the Declaration of Independance also. Of
      course, the point of 'newspeak' George Orwell made was how beautiful
      words can still be admired, while the practical aplication of such
      statement can gradually be changed. The very Americans who talk the
      most about our heritage, freedom etc are very often the ones that in
      reality promote agendas like getting in fights around the world and
      building a massive police state at home; and these were the things
      that guys like Washington and Jefferson saw as totally opposed to the
      new vision on which the US was founded. Shaun Hannity starts his
      radio show with "Let Freedom Ring" and has "Freedom Concerts", but
      his idea of freedom goes no further than going to the Judeochristian
      church of your choice, and investing in the 401k of your choice.
      Yesterday, Hannity had Bill Bennett as 1 of his guests, and Bennett
      was Drug Czar under Bush1. Freedom is used by these guys as another
      excuse for imperialistic aggression.
      > Tom I have hope for you , even if you lapse into self absorption
      and putrid rhetoric. Please continue to expunge and we will happily
      accomidate your demise. I write my sort of immersables and report
      that the better men I have known have hung their butts out. Imagine
      the courage of exclamination, get the point!Bill
      > Tom

      years old, anyway I help in the American history class.? Currently we
      are studying the Delectation of Independence.? I get very excited
      about this document, sorry knowing you're British!, anyway I believe
      it could be agrued that this document changed history more then any
      other document in the last 230 years.? It makes me proud to be an
      American, to see that those values, while we may have not lived up to
      them, where the values we believed were important as a people.? That
      part of being an American, is having that as our core.? I am getting
      anywhere close?
      > Michael

      Louise