45863Re: lets play!

    Dec 2, 2008
      Wil,

      Thanks for the explanations. I find them helpful. There's not much
      more to say, because the apparent mutual incomprehension is so great.

      Louise

      > Louise,
      >
      > Thing one: Mr Knott had used a pseudonym, and I was following suit,
      for "fun".

      > Thing two: Suende is the actual spelling of my (German) last name
      before being garbled by Ellis Island here in the states. The "von" is
      a conceit which I sometimes employ among friends.

      > Thing three: When someone says that he or she does not care for a
      deceased writer, most normal, or at least medicated persons
      understand the sense that is meant by that. And I do not care for
      Hannah Arendt.

      > Thing four: You outbursts alleging "unphilosophical" turns of
      phrase really make you look out of sorts, dear.

      > Yours,
      > The Thinger aka von Suende aka Wil

      Nietzsche?

      > If one has never met a particular person, now deceased, one cannot
      >
      > care for their welfare, only for their honour or reputation. I
      >
      > realise that for believing Roman Catholics, for instance, it might
      be

      > a different matter. The doctrine of Purgatory is difficult for me
      >
      > grasp, like much that belongs to the Catholic tradition, as you may
      >
      > have noticed. Louise

      > > > You Nazi...If anyone should appreciate this, you should.
      >

      > > > Or is it that you just don't like fun?
      >

      > > > Gorphel Borphel
      >

      > > > PS -- lets play used to be restaurant jargon for time to do
      >
      > > > coke...isn't life grand?

      > > Finally, one site has it all: your friends, your email, your
      >
      > > favorite sites. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?
      optin=new-