45861Re: lets play!

    Dec 2, 2008

      > I just never really cared for Hannah Arendt.
      >
      > von Suende

      Can't say I understand this kind of pseudonymous ploy. The fact is,
      Wil, I know that it is really you, as though under a Santa Claus
      beard. A rather unphilosophical turn of phrase, I should have
      thought. After all, do you "care for" Kant, or Hegel, or Nietzsche?
      If one has never met a particular person, now deceased, one cannot
      care for their welfare, only for their honour or reputation. I
      realise that for believing Roman Catholics, for instance, it might be
      a different matter. The doctrine of Purgatory is difficult for me to
      grasp, like much that belongs to the Catholic tradition, as you may
      have noticed. Louise