      From: louise <hecubatoher@...>
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 3:03 pm
      Subject: [existlist] Re: Please, Mr. El Presidente!

      > Louise,

      > No, there is ample justification, including Herr Knott's own words

      to that effect. "I don't see how any outcome [of the election] would

      have been better -- or worse. Not like *I* won anything." Aside from

      the sheet-wearing South, and the tidy lawns of Long Island, most

      Americans feel uplifted by Obama's victory, and on a host of levels.

      But Mr Knott doesn't allow for anything of importance except for

      himself and his inane word plays. Hence, the attribution.

      Wil, I must disagree with you here. The assertion of a scepticism

      followed by what I read as a somewhat ironic and laconic statement,

      may be much against your taste, and counter to the popular mood

      (though there are plenty of Americans who do, after all, feel

      differently, and with poignancy), does not of itself constitute an

      egotism. Louise

      oasis

      > amid the shimmering sands of election euphoria at the list.

      Politics

      > and society have yet to show essential connection with existential

      > thought. At least, it all seems to be happening a long way from the

      > European continent where the foremost existentialists found their

      > context. It will be fascinating indeed, to see the future develop

      in

      > the USA.

      > Louise

      > > Its an expression. "Its all about you!" In another words, the

      > person cited is an egotist or self-centered.

      > > WS

      the

      > > coke tops, and remain hopeful."

      > > > And it IS all about you.

      things

      > > > that i never understand...Or is that just because you are so

      brilliant

      > > > that i can't fathom? Yes, likely that.

      > > > So whom did I slander? I was taking pleasure at the rather

      circular

      > > > feel of it where I'd hoped everyone was slandered rather than

      one in

      > > > favor of others.

      > > > Teary eye? I don't see how any outcome would have been better --

      or