45442Re: Please, Mr. El Presidente!

    Nov 6, 2008

      > Louise,
      >
      > No, there is ample justification, including Herr Knott's own words
      to that effect. "I don't see how any outcome [of the election] would
      have been better -- or worse. Not like *I* won anything." Aside from
      the sheet-wearing South, and the tidy lawns of Long Island, most
      Americans feel uplifted by Obama's victory, and on a host of levels.
      But Mr Knott doesn't allow for anything of importance except for
      himself and his inane word plays. Hence, the attribution.

      Wil, I must disagree with you here. The assertion of a scepticism
      followed by what I read as a somewhat ironic and laconic statement,
      may be much against your taste, and counter to the popular mood
      (though there are plenty of Americans who do, after all, feel
      differently, and with poignancy), does not of itself constitute an
      egotism. Louise

      Politics