45423Re: Secular humanism ahead

    Nov 4, 2008
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jewel" <s1syfuss_stone@...> wrote:

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>
      > wrote:
      >
      > The world is watching. Obama just spoke a few miles from here. The
      sky
      > did not fall, devils did not spring from the earth. He is appearing
      with
      > politicians I have known and voted for all my life. They are not
      > bloody pagan priests they are quiet reflective people of sound mind
      > and positive purpose. I went to school with many of these people and
      > they are of above average intelligence, normal Americans.
      > The truth is all I am selling. The mad religous right is squirming
      > in death throws. I hope it dies on Tuesday.
      > **********
      > "The whole world is watching." I hope the gatherings this evening
      in
      > Grant/Lincoln park are a celebration rather than the head bashing
      of 40
      > years ago. Secular humanism is a better "truth" or rule of law.
      > Whatever god you want to worship in the privacy of your own home or
      > bedroom should remain just that, private.
      >
      > Free speech can get your skull cracked. One has to pay the price or
      > simply shut up. The postmodern xtian martyrs want to rule, hoard,
      but
      > never suffer.
      >
      > Jewel
      >I was there for the head bashing, gassing and storm trooper terror.
      I agree Jewel as it would be good if Chicago remained peaceful. A
      Richard Daley still rules and overreaction is a family staple. Our
      precinct was a walk on and the deed is done for me. We were
      approached by a reporter on exit, I refused all comment or identity.
      Priscilla said I was my usually brusque self but as here on the list
      I did not use profanity just a cold look that drove the reporter
      away. The reporter wanted a picture and comment and I wanted to run.
      What a chance that presents to insert foot in mouth, it is like
      asking a neuroscientist to elaborate. Now I feel like I am sitting
      on a bomb, is it meant for me or the other side? Last night I
      watched Sen Grassley pace behind Palin at a republican rally, he
      acted as if he was stalking her. She seems to have that effect on
      old men.
      Louise has a reasonable gripe on US politics but I hope she knows
      we are brutally authentic about our professions of political
      intent.Five thousand nukes are an awesome responsibility and things
      have become unstable. I know Wil feels the tension and we need
      release pressure on a people that is approaching critical mass. The
      arguments are very philosophical and deal with modernism and its
      battle with conservatism and post modernism. If we reestablish our
      control with secular modernist ideas a great deal could be
      accomplished that even Louise might appreciate. We do not want the US
      to be world bully and by tomorrow we will have a better idea of the
      future. So I wait with the rest of you to see who gets returned to
      the woods and who takes power. Alaska for Alaskans! Bill
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic