45268Re: Getting Down to Basics vs Getting With the Program

    Oct 1, 2008

      > Don't drink the punch.
      >
      > Wil
      > Wil, is that the bail out punch? Reed just "leaked" that a major US
      insurance company is nearing bankrupcy. The FDIC upping insured
      amounts is the real cool aid for the insurance boys. If we put in
      700 hundred billion what are the chances of a bank going down. I see
      this as a rare opportunity, to rid ourselves of part of the insurance
      monster. But no, they will be bailed out and we will be protected.
      That is the double talk we must spew.
      Being a simplistic sort, I connect post modernism to deconstruction
      and correctness to the right wing moralists. They are a
      political,theological movement and have had their way in this country
      for years. What they do is directed by god and therefore will be for
      the best in the end. Deconstruction was the philosophical smoke
      screen that covered their irrational ,metaphysical mischef. They
      deserve everything, all power all wealth. The rest of us are here to
      serve. Them. Bill

      Program

      > Wil: But a feeling is just ... a feeling.
      >

      > Hb3g: But a concept is just ... a concept.
      >

      > Consider lyric poetry for a moment.
      >

      > How is it that we "get" what the poem is saying?
      >

      > Is that just ... a feeling?
      >

      > Is it not also ... an understanding?
      >

      > Okay...
      >

      > What about philosophy?
      >

      > You say: Solve problems. Do critique. Be revolutionary. Will to
      power.

      > Well...
      >

      > I say: What about insight?
      >

      > What are we really "going after" here?
      >

      > Here you are, and this is your world before you. That relation,
      right

      > there, is indeed an awesome fact, an irreducible fact of your
      Being,

      > and of mine as well.
      >

      > You are not just a thing Wil. Nor are you just a thinking being.
      No.