44913Re: Awareness of the absurd

    Aug 6, 2008
      > Even when Voltaire is not enjoyable to read, he proves most sound.

      Fatigue at the time of composition prevented me from seeing the
      carelessness of this remark. In fact, I have been engaged with reading
      the novel, "Candide", for the second time, and meant only to express my
      appreciation for the author's genius in this respect. Although I will
      have encountered the occasional quotation from other works, there is no
      other book of his that I have read. Louise
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic