44891Re: [existlist] Re: Awareness of the absurd

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Aug 2, 2008
      In a message dated 8/2/08 10:36:00 AM, a_living_breathing_being@...
      writes:
      > OK, I'll admit it, I got it ["I would rather live my life as if there is a
      > God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and
      > die to find out there is" Camuc (sic)] from Wikipedia. But regardless of the
      > correct source, it is the message I like.

      What a statement of bad faith and intellectual cowardice! I am always amazed
      by what many think comprises an existentialist position. But to (supposedly)
      get a quote from Wikapedia in response to a challenge that you have no
      background or appreciation of Camus, and to come up with this self-serving slogan for
      the brain-dead is just unforgivable. This is just one more indication that
      those dependent on God have no sense of morality when it comes to objectivity and
      intellectual conscience.

      Wil