44607fittest aliens among us

  • mary.jo11
    Jul 1, 2008
      "We believe we have now shown that there is a tendency in nature to the
      continued progression of certain classes of varieties further and
      further from the original type—a progression to which there appears no
      reason to assign any definite limits—and that the same principle which
      produces this result in a state of nature will also explain why
      domestic varieties have a tendency to revert to the original type. This
      progression, by minute steps, in various directions, but always checked
      and balanced by the necessary conditions, subject to which alone
      existence can be preserved, may, it is believed, be followed out so as
      to agree with all the phenomena presented by organized beings, their
      extinction and succession in past ages, and all the extraordinary
      modifications of form, instinct, and habits which they exhibit."

      From "On The Tendency of Species To Form Varieties"
      C. Darwin & A. Wallace, 1858

      The horrible impulse in some of humanity to organize via racial
      philosophy and ideology continues and my only defense against it is a
      radical, individual, instinctual existentialism. For those who have
      access to American public television programming, I recommend the
      current three-part series, "The War Of The World" by Niall Ferguson. Do
      we adapt and survive as individuals or as members of nations, empires,
      or particular ethnic groups?