44337Re: Secret studies

    May 5, 2008
      Wil,

      Why are you so unphilosophical when political subjects arise? You
      tell me David Duke was personable, and that he was insane. Remember
      that my own adult life has been overshadowed by psychiatric
      descriptions, and that while you are not hurting my feelings, you are
      leaving unexplained what you consider insanity to be. For me, you
      have raised questions of identity. I might, if healthy and wishing
      to be politically active, become convinced that white separatism was
      a good idea, and join with other people - if they would have me! -
      and then I could describe myself as a white separatist; but while my
      life is a struggle simply to stay alive and mentally functioning, my
      identity has no discernible political content, at least in the terms
      apparently allowed under contemporary conditions. I have described
      myself as a liberal with a sense of hope, or desperation, that a time
      of permission to think aloud without terribly distressing flashbacks
      or paralysing fears might eventually arrive. All of this
      confessional stuff is definitely not to my taste either. I am slow
      to learn how to compromise, and in that regard perhaps not at all
      typically British.

      Louise

      > Louise,
      >
      > I have just Googled for Tyndall and the National website. This is
      > hardcore right-wing racism! I don't care how "doughty" he was, he
      was a
      > die-in-the-wool white supremacist and anti-Semite. There are
      actually
      > speeches of Hitler and Goebbels on the site. Geeze, Louise!
      >
      > I am a bit speechless, and certainly a little taken aback. Tell me,
      > though, why you feel drawn to this kind of thing, if you would.
      >
      > I was one of a few persons here who organized protests against
      David
      > Duke when he ran, and won, for the State legislature in Louisiana.
      The
      > protest in Baton Rouge for his seating was the last of them. My
      > girlfriend and I snuck inside the actual seating event (we wore all
      > black and were mistaken for fascists). I met Duke in the hall and
      spoke
      > openly to him. I was surprised by how personable he was. We spoke
      for a
      > few moments before I was ushered away. The man has charisma -- but
      he
      > is insane. Completely mad.
      >
      > Careful.
      >
      > Wil