43857The inhospitable existentialist

    Mar 3, 2008
      I find it simple to lay the general dislike of existentialism before
      a grotesque of a sulpherous nihilism. I like Neitche but his writing
      often jutted toward the demonic. Then again he was reported mad and
      that is always ample cannon fodder.
      I remember a catholic priest ,always clothed in the metaphysical,
      who warned me not to blaspheme. He was big and threatening and
      expectorated while speaking. I remember whipeing his spittle from my
      face and suggesting he was the demonic one.
      It may be that because we refuse to play back to them in trump we
      so infuriate the blessed. We are like mirrors that will not
      reflect, our impudance disarms the cosmic view of those of
      inhabiting former philosophies.
      I have never thought the hassle was philosophic ,it is about power
      in the world. I have been called a self styled survivalist. That was
      from an anglican who cared little for metaphysics but knew the
      popularity of the protestant reformation was waning. Many who have
      written here resemble a group who desperately want to be in the in
      group. When they find out the level of commitment required they slink
      away with the taste of blunt nihilism all that remains.
      I have no desire to be avante guarde, especially if that entails
      post modernism. I think existentialism will evolve slowly, with the
      expansion of sound scientific theory we will grow. It is possible we
      may enjoy a renaming as our popularity has hardly been immense.
      As a secound generation existential genius Sartre was still
      debunking essences and fighting back the dark ages vomit from
      catholcism. We could be purging from both orafaces for millinia.
      Living is such dispepsia I see no requirement to wax pleasant while
      giving not one inch back to the barbarous past. Remember, nothing
      transcends this cosmos, the rot is ours to clear. Bill
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic