42955Re: god exists //// :)

  • Alan James Lee
    Jan 1, 2008
      The religionist's argument that somehow, deep down we all believe in
      God is quite fallacious and quite probably used by some to support
      their insecure faith. In the aforementioned Camus' The Stranger (aka
      The Outsider) the prosecuting magistrate used this very argument when
      he held out the crucifix to Meursault. I suspect that the coin lands
      the other side up in most cases. Most religious people, profoundly
      disbelieve in God.

      Alan.

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eduard at home <yeoman@...> wrote:

      > eduard ---
      > You may be right. When my Uncle Bert died ... peacefully fully
      > clothed on his bed ... in is hand, he had a book marker with the
      23rd psalm.
      > Very strange as he was never very religious. Seems he must have got
      up in
      > the middle of the night, dressed, got the book marker, and then laid
      back
      > and died.
      >
      > I think I would call out for "Mommy", as I did when almost going
      > over a cliff on my motorcycle.
      >
      > We are all different in our response to things. And it is probably
      > similar for our last breaths.
      >
      > I wonder if my Uncle John, who died in the Battle of the Somme, had
      > an opportunity to say or do anything. He is buried in a British
      military
      > cemetery some 60km northeast of Paris. A nice little cemetery with
      perhaps
      > 300 or so graves.
      >
      > But then it really doesn't matter, since even at the end all we want
      > is to keep our neurons happy.

      On Behalf
      > Of eupraxis@...
      > Sent: December-31-07 11:18 PM
      > To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [existlist] god exists //// :)
      >
      > Frank,
      >
      > The God and foxholes argument. I liken that to a confession wrought
      from
      > torture. It is what Catholicism calls "attrition" (as opposed to
      > contrition). It
      > won't do.
      >
      > Wil
      >
      > In a message dated 12/31/07 9:50:04 PM, NEFILIM001@... writes:
      >

      > > --Yes Wil and Warren; To be honest we do start with TheGod of
      Religion,
      > > because we have not ever yet dropped--TheGod of Religion, that can be
      > > worshipped.
      > >
      > > --I am willing to bet all of our *fortunes, (95% of us will utter a
      > serious
      > > FinalPrayer) to some God upon the event of our deaths. Oh we do love
      > filling
      > > our chests with hot air--even whispering: (remember,
      > > "NowILayMeDownToSle "NowILayMeDownToSle<wbr>ep...If I should
      die.."?) Our
      > > fire insurance principle
      > > an edge if we should pray on-that-last- an edge if we should pray
      on-that
      > > throwing off the burdensome mantle of Religious practices when I
      was about

      > > 22,
      > > (I attended bible camp and studied missionary bible practice from
      age 7 to
      > > 14)--I still fought to keep suppressed 'that-little- 14)--I still
      fought
      > > tough; or I am in a bit of trouble. Don't we all?!)
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Frank

      nothing!

      > Yahoo! Groups Links