  • m00dy58
    Oct 5, 2007
      Ah, yes, how duh of me. Anti-Semitism was met with Zionism which was
      met with more resistance...Fascism creeps back in...and on and on it
      goes...Left Bank, West Bank, blood bank...

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, eupraxis@... wrote: Well, there was
      an interest in Jewish philosophy as German philosophy resusuitated
      itself with the post-war interest in Heidegger, and also Sartre was
      reexamining antisemitism in his later work. Besides Husserl himself,
      who was actually a practicing Lutheran, and before Levinas was made
      available to a larger audience, the "I & Thou" approach of Buber was
      the only game in town in that specific sub-genre, at least here in
      the USA.

      Kaufmann had always taken a lot of heat for his Nietzsche texts,
      and ... well, there you have it.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic