      From: sola_blue_angel@...
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 3:01 PM
      Subject: [existlist] Re: Knowledge base

      the soul as a BELIEF............would really validate a respect for
      what IS TRUE. Yes, when it comes to what is JUST BEYOND our DIRECT
      PERCEPTION we do SEE THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY, but we SEE
      nonetheless.....it is a seeing that is like an 'intuitive feeling'.
      Conscience-based Right and Wrong stem from a cosmic human-soul
      egalitarianism which itself is based on DIVINE MERCY......This was
      somewhat alluded to by the idea of categorical imperative.

      But first you need to value human beings as precious. Believing in a
      soul is believing in preciousness. It relates back to DIVINE LOVE. A
      person who does not believe in or LOOK FOR miracles will not see
      them, one who is on the look out for miracles will see them, rare as
      they might be. Miracles are unexpected, and NOT created by the mind's
      wishes. That they are unexpected is proof of their validity. They are
      DETECTED not CREATED by the soul-mind.

      > I usually run from perception arguments as I consider the brain
      > thinking about the brain to be the ultimate conundrum. Yet as
      > Trinidad and Knott revisit the consideration I see some progress
      in
      > what I think about self psychoanalysis. I think you can accept
      > little more than experimentally verified facts. You can begin to
      > lock in a future by the perusal of such facts. This is perhaps
      > the "Through a glass darkly" of the French Plague Doctor. Very
      > quickly a real time event slashes through to erase the vision but
      an
      > aura, like Deja vu, remains.
      > Knott seems ahead in this area because of his extreme skepticism.
      He
      > does not believe in the existance of his own mind .
      > I don't think you have to believe ,to think, gets way behind
      > Descartes. It postulates an intellectual life of individual
      freedom,
      > a kind of existance precedes essence that begins to explore itself.
      > The perception of that exploration becomes consciousness. That is
      > where the injection of faith often begins . The recent material I
      > have been observing regarding our foremost covert agency came from
      > the Valerie Plame hearings before congress. She said some CIA
      people
      > take life long oaths of secrecy. Seems logical if you are a supreme
      > believer in cause.
      > Ms. Pflame is a bona fide star on the rise. She handled classified
      > matters with a deft hand and charmed the press and committee. She
      > played the gal wronged to perfection. Libby was a wake up call but
      if
      > Valery tunes up all the names on that chart have serious problems.
      > The Fed Attorney firings matter came to local attention as a
      Bush