40610exploratory committee for political progress: Dawkins

  • star
    Feb 5, 2007
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs <beldavsa@...>
      wrote:

      > <Speaking of his new book, The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins' makes the
      > point that none of our elected federal officials openly admit to being
      > atheist. He says that is statistically impossible, and that someone
      must
      > be lying. I do agree that an atheist candidate has no chance of being
      > elected. Perhaps, for the good of the country and possibly the world,
      > it's their turn. Other minority candidates have run and won. What could
      > it hurt? Mary>
      >
      > it might hurt the cynics who don't believe anyone has any interest in
      > truth (inasmuch they can sense and access it). :)
      >
      > aija

      I'm not entirely sure that I trust Dawkins' agenda. He seems to
      aggressively campaign for atheism in the same way that he accuses
      certain Christians of pushing Christianity. Certainly both points of
      view should be out in the realm of discourse, but I think that he is
      somewhat of a hypocrite.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic