40372me tuppence worth

    Jan 1, 2007
      Louise, I trust there's an editor under the hat. Writing without one is
      harrowing, but reading an unedited book is embarrassing for both the
      writer and publisher. I just reviewed a book which was rife with typos;
      and I was especially surprised since the publishers are English, my
      naivete for base assumptions, I suppose. Anyway, best wishes for your
      endeavor.

      > > that's not a nice name - we discussed all this before.
      >
      > Forgive me, I forget. He has frozen in my mind from past experience.
      It is possible he has
      > changed...but i estimate the liklihood as limited.
      >
      > > usual practice. need to know. keep it under the hat.
      >
      > In my practice, keeping things under a hat is hiding them.
      >
      > Aunt Pos Terior

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic