      From: William Harris [mailto:bhvwd@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 5:13 PM
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Sept.11 in perspective

      Eduard, We will learn or we will die. For many years others have thought
      myself
      to be overly cautious about security. I have had to deal with some
      desparate
      sorts and have lived with a sense of threat. Now it comes to the
      uninitiated to
      live in the dangerous world. I just walked the mall my office is in, it is
      deserted. How long the soccer moms will cower no one can tell. They are
      hot
      house plants thrown into the jungle. They have no philosophy deeper than
      their
      local congregation and little experience to draw on. I dont pity them, in
      fact
      I must try not to laugh. A pastel world dimmed to black and white has no
      shadows
      to hide behind. Ill bet the pizza delivery business is booming. Bill