36658Re: [existlist] Re: "Christian" existentialism

  • David Ross
    Nov 8, 2005
      Dear Fellow Members,

      I am selling a self-published work called The Flesh of
      Being -- Commentary on Nitzsche's Thus Spake
      Zaratustra. I am willing to give a complimentary copy
      to a reviewer who could review for the group. It is
      334 pages long double -- spaced. It would sell for
      30.00 USA Cerlox bound.

      yours truly
      D. Ross

      --- trop_de_simones <trop_de_simones@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Trinidad,

      I recognize a formerly serious Christian when I read
      one. You are
      obviously a more patient person than me. I normally
      get very angry
      with people who question my intent or credentials. It
      is most
      unfortunate that we are not able to scrutinize the
      real lives of the
      poseurs who frequent these discussion venues. My
      intuition never
      fails me, but I need to follow it more often, sooner.
      Thank you.

      Simone

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz"
      <cruzprdb@w...>
      wrote:

      > What I find interesting about internet discussion
      groups is that
      one's
      > opinion becomes what one is to most readers. I could
      call myself any
      > number of "ist" or "ian" words and the conclusion of
      most people
      would
      > automatically be that I have no experience or
      understanding of any
      > other subject matter. In this case Nolan was a bit
      sharper than you.
      > At fourteen I was seriously considering the
      seminary. My experience
      > and understanding of the Christian religion has been
      lengthy and at
      > depth most never reach, intertwined with painful
      personal
      > relationships, and lifelong philosophical power
      struggles with
      people
      > and institutions. That I am now completely an
      atheist is not without
      > implications, and not indicative of any lack of
      intellectual
      > discipline or experience on my part. There is
      America and Europe;
      and
      > then there is the rest of the world, a different
      skin tone (dark), a
      > different kitchen floor (dirt), a different
      opportunity (starving),a
      > different necessity (revolution). Corporate Western
      Jesus is not
      color
      > blind, but as a matter of fact quite efficiently
      racist and
      > greedy.Leaders of color in other nations should
      absolutely not
      embrace
      > American agendas, nor cow to overtures of
      brotherhood from the
      twisted
      > family of western wealth and power that controls
      this nation
      > today.Sadly, I really think that average American
      Christians will do
      > nothing to revolt for a change in government, and
      will continue to
      > allow this group to represent the American people
      and American
      > Christianity on the world stage, because they are
      still
      fundamentally
      > racist.American Christianity is really just a
      "justification"
      disease,
      > an avoidance of existential angst.It has now
      overtaken a once
      > enlightened idea and marches it mutated toward the
      ruin of the whole
      > world.I doubt that it can be stopped. It is clearly,
      scientifically,
      > now giddily aggressive, what it always was - a
      suicide cult.There is
      > no God to rebuild the planet: or so it was written -
      dominion was
      > given to man.
      >
      > "come crucify the dread"
      > Trinidad Cruz

      Please support the Existential Primer... dedicated to
      explaining nothing!

      Philosophy book

      Terms of Service.