36653Re: On the Nature of Words

    Nov 7, 2005
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "jkneilson" <jkneilson@y...> wrote:

      > L [Climacus]:
      >
      > The human being who types these words knows by experience the truth
      > of what Hermann writes. That is merely a biographical statement,
      > not one I would expect to convince anyone of its subjective truth -
      > for no one else is me. Only the truth that edifies is truth for
      > you. So said my sweet lover Soren. [I am Regine].
      >
      > K:
      > "Subjectivists" are welcome to believe whatever they want. But if
      they
      > want to convince others of their "truth," they'll need to go
      > beyond "true for me" statements. This is an elementary point. If I
      > tried to convince you that Kierkegaard actually hated Regine, I'd
      be
      > off to a bad start indeed by saying it's true because it's "true
      for
      > me," or that it's true because I find it "edifying." [I am K]

      Who is K??

      I hate inquisitions.

      I hate ignoramuses who persecute the just (that's none of your
      business, please ignore).

      Have you read "Guilty"/"Not Guilty?" A Story of Suffering, An
      Imaginary Psychological Construction, by Frater Taciturnus, within
      the volume, 'Stages On Life's Way [Studies by Various Persons]'??
      This volume was compiled by Hilarius Bookbinder, not one of the
      authors or an editor.
      Soren Kierkegaard was the man behind this sublimity, available in
      translation from Princeton University Press (Hong & Hong 1988).

      In Frater Taciturnus' study, you will find the answers to all your
      questions, if you have any. I defy you not to be moved, at any
      rate, by the agony of love on display, in concealment.

      Louise
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic