36645Re: "Christian" existentialism

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Nov 7, 2005
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs <beldavsa@i...>
      wrote:
      "imho that is also a conclusion in versions of mature philosophical
      reflections of other traditions that develops individually or
      collectively. very few people, if any, know different religious
      traditions with comparable sufficient depth and experience to be able
      to evaluate their comparative "worth," esp. when context is
      considered.it's easier to work with comparable concrete parts than to
      compare fuzzy bounded wholes."

      aija

      What I find interesting about internet discussion groups is that one's
      opinion becomes what one is to most readers. I could call myself any
      number of "ist" or "ian" words and the conclusion of most people would
      automatically be that I have no experience or understanding of any
      other subject matter. In this case Nolan was a bit sharper than you.
      At fourteen I was seriously considering the seminary. My experience
      and understanding of the Christian religion has been lengthy and at a
      depth most never reach, intertwined with painful personal
      relationships, and lifelong philosophical power struggles with people
      and institutions. That I am now completely an atheist is not without
      implications, and not indicative of any lack of intellectual
      discipline or experience on my part. There is America and Europe; and
      then there is the rest of the world, a different skin tone (dark), a
      different kitchen floor (dirt), a different opportunity (starving),a
      different necessity (revolution). Corporate Western Jesus is not color
      blind, but as a matter of fact quite efficiently racist and
      greedy.Leaders of color in other nations should absolutely not embrace
      American agendas, nor cow to overtures of brotherhood from the twisted
      family of western wealth and power that controls this nation
      today.Sadly, I really think that average American Christians will do
      nothing to revolt for a change in government, and will continue to
      allow this group to represent the American people and American
      Christianity on the world stage, because they are still fundamentally
      racist.American Christianity is really just a "justification" disease,
      an avoidance of existential angst.It has now overtaken a once
      enlightened idea and marches it mutated toward the ruin of the whole
      world.I doubt that it can be stopped. It is clearly, scientifically,
      now giddily aggressive, what it always was - a suicide cult.There is
      no God to rebuild the planet: or so it was written - dominion was
      given to man.

      "come crucify the dread"
      Trinidad Cruz
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic