36643Re: [existlist] Re: "Christian" existentialism

  • Aija Veldre Beldavs
    Nov 7, 2005
      > The point of existentialism is all we know is one we exist and we can
      > make decisions. The ability to make decisiions is at the heart of
      > christianity. the decision to accept of not accept the teachings of
      > chirist.

      imho that is also a conclusion in versions of mature philosophical
      reflections of other traditions that develops individually or
      collectively. very few people, if any, know different religious
      traditions with comparable sufficient depth and experience to be able to
      evaluate their comparative "worth," esp. when context is considered.

      it's easier to work with comparable concrete parts than to compare
      fuzzy bounded wholes.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic