36642Re: [existlist] Re: "Christian" existentialism

  • joseph korba
    Nov 7, 2005
      The point of existentialism is all we know is one we exist and we can make decisions. The ability to make decisiions is at the heart of christianity. the decision to accept of not accept the teachings of chirist. skip

      louise <hecubatoher@...> wrote:--- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "trop_de_simones"
      <trop_de_simones@y...> wrote:

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@w...>
      wrote:

      > In this venue I am asked to respect the Christian position in
      > existentialism, often by the moderator. I am willing to do so,
      > unfortunately I have yet to find any living Christians
      participating
      > here. I am always having to pick up the stones and bring back the
      > ghosts to find one.
      >
      > TC,
      >
      > In this particular venue there are only dilettantes, Christian and
      > Existentialist. I am disappointed, but I will get over it.

      Simone,

      That is only because cyberspace cannot contain Christians. The true
      believer is always a human being, whom one may recognise 'by their
      fruits', if you care so to do. Here at the existential groups,
      there are only emanations of ourselves, who put words forth, back
      and forth. Intuition tells me whom I can trust, 'behind' the words,
      but it is not a proof. Kierkegaard's pseudonym, Climacus, points
      out [C.U.P.] that no human being can judge another's reality.
      Failure to grasp this basic fact about the teaching of the Nazarene
      rabbi has led many churches into dangerous waters.

      Louise
      ... who refuses to believe in dilettantes ...

      Philosophy book