3530Re: [existlist] Re: I'll have fries and a side of existentialism with that...

  • William Harris
    Sep 4, 2001
      A nation of existentalists-- A nation of individuals. No king, no psudo king
      i.e. president. Anarchy, makes me think of the IRA and bombs. Government makes
      me think of forced obedience. Now we live in the cracks, avoiding contact with
      government especially with bureauracy. Perhaps this is the best we can hope for
      since we are hardly definable as a constituancy. Canada ,from what I gather
      from Eduard is a more benign system than the US. It is not so much the
      federal government here as the state governments which become infused with
      christian zealots on knee jirk, single issue campaings. They love rule making
      especially rules that they would never break because of previously held moral
      commitments. I have come to the conclusion that discrediting them for
      irrationality and bigotry is the best tactic. If I remember my bible studies
      we are not to call another "fool". That is probably a good idea since ability
      is so hard to define. The products of weak or poisoned thinking are open to
      exposure and it would seem that is the best tactic. It takes work to be an
      individual. The word itself has a crusty robustness to it , as if standing up
      to the blade. That work makes us smarter, more agile mentally, more apt to
      survive. Bill