30955Re: the prickly pear

    Nov 1 1:48 AM
      Trinidad Cruz,

      If 'sweet Lou' is a reference to me, your penultimate paragraph is
      odious in the extreme. Now, I believe true philosophers can be self-
      moderating, but that's an idealist position. It is still Susan's
      decision when and how to moderate, and whether to kick or ban
      anyone, something thankfully rare on this list. So what I am about
      to say is purely my own opinion.

      First, the facts. I do not drink Jesus' blood. I have never even
      taken communion, or participated, if you prefer different
      terminology, at the Lord's table, though it has been offered to me,
      for example when I first thought I might have become a Christian, at
      an Anglican church in West Bridgeford, Nottingham. And I do not
      drink your blood, you sick fantasist: how dare you make such an
      accusation, you who suggest it is I who resort to 'cryptic
      mysticism'. Overcome your intellectual laziness, and you will find
      plenty of rigorous arguments from me in the archives.

      Your whole message here is a rant. It is not argument, it is not
      philosophy, it is not existentialism. It is literature. Take the
      beam out of your eye, you pseudo-imperialist, and learn some manners.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic