30305Louise's & Susan's suspicions of Mary

  • Mary Jo
    Aug 31, 2004
      Hi Louise. My tossing up of the subject was to engage upon the lines
      that decisions pose dilemmas and are not so easily teased apart,
      which is what I thought 'armedmarksmanent' was suggesting. I could be
      totally wrong, as it happens quite often that I am mistaken. I think,
      much like you responsed to my toss up, that solving situations such
      as the strife in Iraq does involve philosophical thinking. Mary

      > Without offence, Mary, I tend to agree with Susan on this one. Not
      > that I want to see any of your remarks censored, though that's not
      > my decision - I merely express an opinion - but your question to
      > armedmarksmanent was utterly starkly political, as though he were a
      > statesman or a diplomat. My own response included facetiousness,
      > but was serious in intent, an attempt to tease apart the verbal
      > cliches which form a kind of bloodless version of what happens
      > bloodily on the ground, where the vulnerable civilians even now are
      > afraid in their houses and in the streets.
      > As for free will, sex, and consequences, I just find that
      personally
      > the pace is a little hot at present. It was only this morning that
      > I was fending off yet more juvenile sarcasm from our Georgian
      > friend, something which does nothing for my energy levels. Hope to
      > contribute something soon for this new thread, and looking forward
      > to less negative posting from the occasionals and the newbies.
      > And welcome to armedmarksmanent - your posts make a refreshing
      > change from the aggressive newbie syndrome; you seem interested in
      > thinking and discussing. Put rather simply, and with respect - now
      > that's my kind of male ...
      >
      > Louise
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic