29229Re: 2004

    Jul 5 7:31 AM
      Jerry,
      I'm beginning to fear that, though the year is only just over
      halfway through, you may have already given too much of yourself, in
      your care for and about other people. Whether you're able to read
      this, whether you're able or willing to reply, I'ld like to say
      thank you, anyway, for the emotional comfort you brought me at a
      time of desperation. You have done no harm, that I can see, and
      that is a very great thing indeed - the poet C.H. Sisson, admittedly
      the most curmudgeonly of all lovable pessimists, seemed to think no-
      one but Jesus could possibly do no harm, on this planet. Of course,
      I don't know you well, and our mutual messages only date back about
      five months, but I miss your contributions, and the warmth of your
      personality. After all the embarrassing things I've ended up
      saying, in confusion or panic, I'm hoping this won't add to my
      accompt.
      Louise