2773RE: [existlist] Digest Number 368

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Jul 5, 2001
      We need more PEOPLE to participate. More voices in the choir!!!!

      Speak up, people. Share your thoughts and questions.

      Oh, I thought I might mention that I was reading my Dramatists' Guild
      newsletter and a "feminist" playwright used the word "existential" so
      loosely as to make my skin crawl. I know that people use the word randomly
      and without any definition, but it still annoys me.

      Existentialism is NOT dark. It is not about accepting what happens. It is
      about embracing yourself, your actions, and your moments of life. It is not
      political or religious -- it is being true to your nature, not some
      predefined, depressed, dreary motif created by anti-social wannabe artists.

      I feel better now.

      - C. S. Wyatt
      (Visit my site, buy books... visit my site, buy books... You are under MY
      control!!!!)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic