27633Re: Louise SPAMS Trinidad

    Apr 2, 2004
      Mary Jo,
      On one of my rare surfing sessions, back on 14 March, I discovered
      ROMUNIVERSE.COM
      Thought you might appreciate a choice selection from their 'Funny
      Misc. Stuff' -

      #Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their
      shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and
      you have their shoes.

      #Thank you for not annoying me more than you do.

      #Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

      #If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

      #It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

      #I'm extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

      #I'd like to help you out; which way did you come in?

      #I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. This wasn't it.

      #Well this day was a total waste of make-up.

      madwoman smiling at grief

      > Hello Susan,
      >
      > Just like in everyday life, the children command most of our
      > attention, I guess it shouldn't be any different in this format. I
      do
      > think it's a shame that someone with fresh ideas and something
      > worthwhile to contribute should be driven off with drivel. There
      is
      > nothing more frustrating for adults to have to deal with other
      adults
      > who act like children. As the daughter of a schizophrenic, I speak
      > with a poignant experience. Many children of the parents who are
      > mentally ill or afflicted with Alzheimers know how difficult it
      is.
      > Adults have rights and often assert them, but they behave as
      > children, and we are forced into treating them like children.
      > Fortunate are those who can deal with this existential conundrum.
      It
      > takes great courage and acceptance of our mutual human frailty.
      >
      > Take care,
      > Mary Jo
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Susan Schnelbach <susan@t...>
      wrote:
      > > Calling Sartre, or any other writer, a jerk is not a personal
      > attack.
      > > That is an opinion.
      > >
      > > If Sartre was a member of this group, calling him a jerk would
      be
      > > personal attack.
      > >

      > > On Thursday, April 1, 2004, at 12:20 AM, louise wrote:
      > >
      > > > Susan,
      > > > Are you kidding me here? You personally said that I wouldn't
      be
      > > > thrown off the list for calling Sartre a dangerous jerk,
      because
      > in
      > > > your opinion he WAS an egotistical jerk, or something like
      that.
      > > > Has Trinidad been reprimanded for calling eduard a pompous old
      > fart,
      > > > or for suggesting I should get a clue or else a life?
      > > > I look simply for consistency, honour, respect.
      Unfortunately, I
      > > > now have to be a little more specific about people in my own
      > > > vicinity, lurkers, I believe, in denial, and evasive. There
      is a
      > > > local man who wishes to be a kind of magical (not magickal)
      > > > Mohammed, and maybe hasn't realised yet that he's Abel, though
      > still
      > > > alive.
      > > > And as it's too distressing as yet to speak to Bill directly,
      I'ld