27615Re: Louise SPAMS Trinidad

  • Mary Jo
    Apr 1, 2004
      Hello Susan,

      Just like in everyday life, the children command most of our
      attention, I guess it shouldn't be any different in this format. I do
      think it's a shame that someone with fresh ideas and something
      worthwhile to contribute should be driven off with drivel. There is
      nothing more frustrating for adults to have to deal with other adults
      who act like children. As the daughter of a schizophrenic, I speak
      with a poignant experience. Many children of the parents who are
      mentally ill or afflicted with Alzheimers know how difficult it is.
      Adults have rights and often assert them, but they behave as
      children, and we are forced into treating them like children.
      Fortunate are those who can deal with this existential conundrum. It
      takes great courage and acceptance of our mutual human frailty.

      Take care,
      Mary Jo