2296Re: diagram for a flat earth...or nothing

  • thebookdoc@aol.com
    May 31, 2001
      << you are mixing things up again ... >>

      You are the most insane person I know of...and I congratulate
      you. I know a lot of nuts. I wish I was able to see with these rose
      glasses.

      I mix nothing up. I tell you what you say, and you don't like the
      juxtaposition, so you tell me I am wrong. That is 'order' I guess.

      <<i would agree that it is possible for people to view objective
      data differently ... but that is the subjective view ...>>

      Then who can possibly see objective data objectively? if it is all
      necessarily interpreted...then where is the objectivity? Don't
      show me anything I have to interpret...I guarantee I get it wrong
      from your perspective.

      << no one voted the world to be round ...>>

      From what little I know of history, it was not a popular belief to
      think that the world was round at some point. I believe --
      according to these history-fictions that you like so -- that people
      were even killed for suggesting otherwise ... or was that for
      suggesting that the earth was not the center of the universe?

      In any case—or either case—at some point the popular opinion
      was that the earth was flat...IN FACT, there is still a group that
      prefers to believe that the earth IS flat.

      http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/crea-fe.htm

      Try that. Oh, but they are exceptions...and [vhoooomp!] they
      disappear from the Alf world. TO WHOSE RULE ARE THEY
      EXCEPTIONS? You are pledging that you know more than them?
      And is reality governed by the rule of Alf? For all we know you are
      a former cloth TV alien puppet. A fictional character...who played
      himself...just like me. Not only should I believe in a puppet, but I
      should follow the puppet's rule?

      You think in so few dimensions that I get claustrophobic just
      reading your replies. You are so contradictory that your replies
      are an exercise in chaos. You squalk about order and such...why
      not try to convey some? Or is this all a perspective of Alf order?
      All that has to happen is that 'duard Alf has to believe it, and it is
      LAW. Don't look further for god, you are him.

      Yes, I do add tangents and exceptions. But only because you
      want to believe so heartily that they don't exist. And all I am trying
      to do is get to the bottom of what does exist and how in the heck
      you are so sure...but you can't seem to make the least
      convincing argument. I wish like hell you could. I certainly can't
      tell you that you are wrong, but i certainly see you lack sense and
      consistency from this perspective -- which might be just as
      errant or worse than yours.

      And I fight and claw with you and begin, I think, to see flaws in my
      own arguement -- through no help of yours. That a logical
      paradox appears in the circular notion that I might think I have a
      perception of brain and thinking and I...where there is no reason,
      none at all, to believe that people have brains, that everything I
      see is not some dream, that perception is as little attributable to
      sense as my deception that I have senses. All I really ever know
      is I, and only to so limited an extent as I can remember, and
      somehow distinguish between what is i and what is not. There
      is less here than I thought, and mose swiftly I become more of
      nothing. Perhaps I will disappear. Perhaps I am an exception.

      rubbing.lamps.wishing